- More Comfort & Style Onboard Cathay Pacific[Sep. 23, 2006]
In order to offer superior inflight products, Cathay Pacific has announced a move to gradually phase in luxurious new seat designs, fresh cabin interiors and enhanced inflight entertainment options that will revolutionise long-haul travel starting from January 2007.
- Xiamen Airlines Details Cross-Strait Flights[Sep. 21, 2006]
Xiamen Airlines announced Thursday its schedule of the cross-straits chartered flights for the mid-autumn day.
- New Shanghai-based Private Airline Takes Off[Sep. 23, 2006]
The Shanghai-based private carrier Juneyao Airlines said yesterday it will launch its maiden flights to Changsha and Taiyuan on Monday using an Airbus SAS A319.
- Building Starts on Asia's Top Air Hangar[Sep. 23, 2006]
On Sep. 22, construction started at the Beijing Capital International Airport on Asia's biggest hangar, a facility that will be able to hold two Airbus SAS A380 superjumbos.
- US$1 Award for Inflight Accident[Sep. 22, 2006]
Northwest Airlines was ordered by Shanghai Jing'an District People's Court to compensate a Nanjing-based government official named Yang Ping US$1 for an injury suffered on a flight.
- Shanghai Airlines Plans Cross-Strait Flights[Sep. 22, 2006]
The first chartered plane transporting Taiwan business people in Shanghai to Taipei for the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival will take-off on September 30 from Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
- CAAC: Air Travel Set to Take Flight by 2010[Sep. 23, 2006]
By 2010, 270 million Chinese will travel by air and the country will have a fleet of more than 1,500 aeroplanes, a top civil aviation industry official said on Friday.
- Boeing Delivers 737-800 to CR Airways[Sep. 21, 2006]
The Boeing Company today delivered a 737-800 to CR Airways, marking the first direct delivery of a Boeing Next-Generation 737 to a Hong Kong-based carrier. CR Airways, which is already the first Hong Kong-based airline to operate the Boeing Next-Generation 737-800, is using the new airplane to open a new route between Hong Kong and Tianjin on Sept. 25, marking its maiden flight. This airplane is the third 737-800 in the CR Airways' fleet.
- Air China Signs US$15 Mln Deal with Sabre[Sep. 18, 2006]
Sabre Airline Solutions, the leading provider of software and services to the airline industry, announced today that Air China, China's National Flag Carrier, has signed a $15 million USD agreement for Sabre to implement a modern Flight Operations Control Center.
- Air France Celebrates 40 Years to Shanghai[Sep. 18, 2006]
Air France last week celebrated the 40th anniversary of its Paris-Shanghai service.