- Chinese Airlines and Travel Agents All Set for Surge in Golden Week Getaways[Jan. 23, 2017]
Airlines and travel agents can expect online sales to soar in the days leading up to Chinese New Year and this year's Golden Week festival, according to the latest data from Worldpay.
- Hong Kong a Big Part of Malaysia Airlines' Planned Comeback[Jan. 23, 2017]
After the high-profile losses of two planes in 2014, and a brand name tarnished to the brink of collapse, Malaysia Airlines will make Hong Kong a big part of its comeback in 2017, chief executive Peter Bellew has said, with flights to China a key plank of its hoped-for revival.
- China Eastern Plans Xi'an-Okinawa, Wuhan-Cebu Flights[Jan. 23, 2017]
- Cathay Pacific - a Fallen Star of the Air?[Jan. 23, 2017]
A Cathay Pacific Airways Boeing 747 aircraft flying over the roofs of high-rises in the crowded, aging district of Kowloon City was a typical picture-postcard image of colonial Hong Kong. Last October, dozens of nostalgic fans flocked to see the last flyover of the double-decker, dubbed the "Queen of the Skies," as the Hong Kong-based airline phased out older planes for lighter, more economic models.
- CAAC Slams Thai AirAsia for Changing Flight Plan Without Permission[Jan. 22, 2017]
- Xiamen Airlines Seeks Rights to Kalibo, Cebu[Jan. 22, 2017]
- China Southern Plans Guangzhou-Colombo Service[Jan. 22, 2017]
- Shanghai, Urumqi, Tianjin Airports Penalized for Poor On-time Departures[Jan. 22, 2017]
- TransAsia Flight Routes Reassigned to Other Airlines[Jan. 22, 2017]
Flight routes previously operated by TransAsia Airways, which disbanded in November last year due to financial woes, have been reassigned to other Taiwan-based airlines, the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA) said yesterday.
- Xiamen Airlines, KLM Sign GEnx Engine Maintenance[Jan. 22, 2017]
On January 20, Xiamen Airlines signed a 10-year deal with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines for the maintenance General Electric GEnx engines powering another six Boeing 787-9s, leading in a new chapter in the partnership between the two SkyTeam members.