- CAAC: Over 9.84 Million People Travel by Air During Chinese New Year Holiday[Feb. 03, 2017]
Chinese airlines carried up to 9.84 million passengers during the week-long Chinese Lunar New Year holiday from Jan. 27 to Feb. 2, according to preliminary statistics released by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).
- Photos: Hainan Airlines Unveils 2nd Kung Fu Panda-Themed 787-9 Dreamliner[Jan. 26, 2017]
- China's HNA Expands in Hong Kong with Second Land Purchase[Jan. 26, 2017]
HNA Group Co Ltd, owner of Hainan Airlines Co Ltd, will pay HK$5.53 billion (US$713 million) for residential land in Hong Kong, the Chinese conglomerate's second major purchase in the city in the last three months.
- Xiamen Airlines Takes Delivery of Its Second 787-9 Dreamliner[Jan. 26, 2017]
- CALC to Lease One Airbus A320 Aircraft to Thai AirAsia[Jan. 26, 2017]
China Aircraft Leasing Group Holdings Limited ("CALC" or the "Group"), the largest independent aircraft operating lessor in China, is pleased to announce that the Group has signed a long term lease ("the Lease") with Thai AirAsia for the lease of one Airbus A320 aircraft. This aircraft is expected to be delivered in 2017.
- BOC Aviation Renews Aircraft Leasing Scheme[Jan. 25, 2017]
BOC Aviation Limited ("BOC Aviation" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has successfully renewed its Aircraft Leasing Scheme (the "ALS") for a five-year period to June 2022. The Company's current ALS will expire in June 2017.
- China's Joy Air May Not See Profit for Two Years[Jan. 26, 2017]
Tianjin-based regional carrier Joy Air will be hard pressed to earn a profit in the next two years because of consolidation challenges with Okay Airways and expansion restrictions imposed following accidents, including a May 2015 incident in which a MA60 skidded off the runway while landing at Fuzhou Changle International Airport, Okay Airways founder Liu Jieyin said.
- Superior In-flight Experience and Global Coverage Seduces Elite Chinese Travellers[Jan. 25, 2017]
VistaJet, the first and only global aviation company, received the Business Jet Operator Star Performer accolade for the second time at the Hurun Research Institute's "Best of the Best" awards in Shanghai. The awards are based on the results of the Hurun Report Chinese Luxury Consumer Survey 2017. This is the thirteenth consecutive year Hurun Research has produced a report on the brand preferences, consumption habits and lifestyle trends of China's wealthiest individuals; considered a benchmark for the luxury sector.
- Finnair Becomes First Airline in the World to Launch Alipay Onboard[Jan. 25, 2017]
As the first airline in the world, Finnair plans to introduce onboard the world's largest online payment platform Alipay. Finnair will trial the application on its route between Helsinki and Shanghai as of January 27.
- Ruili Airlines Seeks Approval to Fly Abroad[Jan. 25, 2017]