- China Southern Raises 1 Billion Yuan from Short-Term Paper Issue[Feb. 22, 2017]
- Cathay Pacific Introduces Besty Beer, the World's First Beer Brewed Specially for 35,000ft[Feb. 22, 2017]
The quality of the inflight dining experience has always been an important focus for Cathay Pacific - the airline has long sought collaborations with renowned partners, restaurants and chefs in order to provide its customers with innovative dishes and beverages as part of its philosophy of a Life Well Travelled. To that end, Hong Kong's home carrier is delighted today to announce the launch of Betsy Beer, the world's first hand-crafted bottled beer specially brewed to be enjoyed at 35,000 feet.
- Hainan Airlines Announces First Ever Nonstop Routes Connecting Los Angeles to Chengdu and Chongqing[Feb. 22, 2017]
Hainan Airlines today announced it will launch new nonstop service from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province, and to Chongqing, both with two flights weekly. Sichuan is known worldwide for its popular spicy food and as the natural habitat of the widely loved panda. Chongqing is one of China's five national cities, with a population of 30 million and an established manufacturing and transportation hub.
- Panda's First Flight: FedEx Sends Bao Bao to China[Feb. 22, 2017]
- CAAC: 59 Million People Travel by Air During 40-Day Chunyun Period[Feb. 21, 2017]
As many as 59.04 million Chinese people traveled by air during the 40-day Spring Festival travel season, or "Chunyun period" from January 13 to February 21, an increase of 14% over the same period last year, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) announced Tuesday.
- Okay Airways Seeks More Rights to Philippines[Feb. 21, 2017]
- Absence of Regulations Casts Shadow on China's Booming UAV Industry[Feb. 20, 2017]
Chinese experts and media outlets have called for the implementation of clear regulations on China's drone industry, as recent incidents stemming from unregulated flights have been deemed by many as a threat to the country's air safety.
- China to Build 74 New Civil Airports by 2020: CAAC[Feb. 21, 2017]
China has outlined a blueprint to build 74 new civil transport airports by 2020, according to the Civil Aviation Development 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020) released by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).
- China's Civil Aviation Market Flies High in 2016[Feb. 20, 2017]
China's civil aviation sector posted strong growth in passenger trips and cargo transportation in 2016, official data showed Monday.
- CALC Expects 2016 Profit to Rise 60%[Feb. 21, 2017]
China Aircraft Leasing Group Holdings Limited ("CALC" or the "Group"), the largest independent aircraft operating lessor in China, expects its 2016 consolidated profit to rise not less than 60% compared to 2015, as its business expansion pays off.