- Incident: Cathay Dragon A333 near Hong Kong on Mar. 28th 2017, Cargo Smoke Indication[Mar. 29, 2017]
A Cathay Dragon Airbus A330-300, registration B-HLB performing flight KA-622 from Hong Kong to Hangzhou (China) with 219 passengers, was enroute at FL330 about 130nm east of Hong Kong when the crew reported an aft cargo smoke indication and returned to Hong Kong for a safe landing on runway 07L about 35 minutes later. Emergency services did not find any trace of fire, heat or smoke.
- Tigerair Taiwan Inaugural Flight Ceremony for Macau - Taichung Service[Mar. 29, 2017]
Tigerair Taiwan commenced regular flight service between Macau and Taichung on March 29, 2017, offering daily flight service between the two cities. An inaugural flight ceremony was held at Macau International Airport (MIA). Through Tigerair Taiwan inaugurate regular daily flight to Taichung, the route network between China Taiwan and Macau will be more integrated. In additional to providing China Taiwan visitors more convenient channel to reach Macau from the northern, middle and southern island of China Taiwan, it will also benefit the resident of Macau and tourists from the Pearl River Delta region travelling to Taiwan. The inauguration of this Taichung services is in time to satisfy the Easter Holiday peak season for travel in coming April.
- Heavy-Lift Helicopter Qualifies for Commercial Operation[Mar. 28, 2017]
China's first heavy-lift helicopter for civilian purposes, the AC313, successfully completed a test flight in heavy rain at the Lyumeng Airport in Jingdezhen, East China's Jiangxi province on March 24, the last of its airworthiness tests.
- New Partnership Boosts Nok Air's China Expansion[Mar. 29, 2017]
- CDB Aviation Lease Finance Delivers New Boeing 737-800 to Shandong Airlines[Mar. 28, 2017]
CDB Aviation Lease Finance ("CDB Aviation"), a wholly owned Irish subsidiary of China Development Bank Financial Leasing Co., Limited ("CDB Leasing"), announced today the delivery of one new Boeing 737-800 aircraft to Chinese carrier, Shandong Airlines.
- Cathay Pacific and Lufthansa Group Sign Co-Operation Agreement[Mar. 27, 2017]
Cathay Pacific today signed a co-operation agreement with the Lufthansa Group that will see the airline codeshare on flights operated by Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian Airlines to a number of destinations in continental Europe. Reciprocally, the Lufthansa Group will codeshare on Cathay Pacific services to four of the airline's most popular destinations in Southwest Pacific.
- New Terminal at Hongqiao Makes Flying Less Hassle[Mar. 27, 2017]
Hongqiao International Airport check-in and security checks were faster at the newly renovated Building A terminal that opened yesterday.
- China South Airlines Opens Summer Flights[Mar. 27, 2017]
China South Airlines Jilin branch has added more than 20,000 flights between airports in Changchun, Yanji, and Baishan during the summer and autumn to meet the demands created by large amounts of tourists in Jilin province.
- Construction Investment in Highway and Civil Aviation Recorded a Rapid Year-On-Year Growth for the First Two Months[Mar. 27, 2017]
It is said by National Development and Reform Commission that, construction investment in highway and civil aviation revorded a rapird growth for January and February.
- China's C919 Passenger Jet Moves Closer to Maiden Flight: Xinhua[Mar. 25, 2017]
China's C919 passenger jet, the symbol of its lofty aviation ambitions, has passed a major technical assessment, and has moved closer to its first flight, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday.