- Incident: Cathay Pacific B773 over East China Sea on Feb. 10th 2017, Fuel Leak[Mar. 20, 2017]
A Cathay Pacific Boeing 777-300, registration B-KQQ performing flight CX-893 from San Francisco,CA (U.S.) to Hong Kong (China), was enroute at FL360 over the East China Sea about 140nm northeast of Taipei (Taiwan) when the crew detected a fuel leak at the left hand engine (GE90), shut the engine down, declared PAN and decided to divert to Taipei. The crew advised they had a fuel leak but were planning to vacate the runway and keep moving the aircraft unless there was any advisory requiring a stop. The aircraft landed safely on Taipei's runway 05R about 30 minutes after leaving FL360.
- China Southern Airlines Launches Nonstop Flights to Ho Chi Minh City[Mar. 19, 2017]
China Southern Airlines officially launches Beijing - Ho Chi Minh City non-stop flight on March 17. The passenger load factor of the first flight is over 80%, the most passengers of which are Vietnamese travellers to China.
- Drones in China Facing Real-Name Registration System[Mar. 12, 2017]
- XiamenAir Taking Silk Road Dreams to the Sky[Mar. 17, 2017]
The Silk Road's sea routes were famed for connecting China's southern port cities with geographies as distant as the Persian Gulf and the Horn of Africa and so it is fitting that pioneering Fujian province company, XiamenAir, is taking on the modern mantle with ambitious expansion plans.
- Kerry Logistics Garners HKIM Market Leadership Award 2016[Mar. 17, 2017]
Kerry Logistics Network Limited ('Kerry Logistics' or the 'Company'), Asia's leading logistics service provider, has won the Market Leadership in Business Logistics accolade at the HKIM Market Leadership Award (the 'Award') 2016 organised by the Hong Kong Institute of Marketing.
- Does Shanghai Need a Third Airport?[Mar. 15, 2017]
The two airports in Shanghai had a passenger traffic exceeding 100 million for 2016. The passenger traffic of Hongqiao Airport and Pudong Airport was 40.46 million and 66.002 million respectively, representing a year-on-year increase of 3.5% and 9.8% respectively.
- Giant Boeing Plant Construction Nears[Mar. 17, 2017]
Aircraft manufacturer Boeing will begin building a completion and delivery center for B737 and B737 MAX airliners in Zhoushan, Zhejiang province, by the end of March and is set to deliver the first aircraft in 2018.
- Professionals Needed to Boost Exports of Aircraft[Mar. 17, 2017]
- Boeing and Chinese Aviation Authority Set Stage for Improved Airspace & Air Traffic Management in China[Mar. 16, 2017]
Boeing has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) Air Traffic Management Bureau to begin the process of developing joint airspace and air traffic management projects to alleviate increasing congestion in the skies over China.
- Xinjiang Increases Size of Aviation Fleet[Mar. 16, 2017]
Xinjiang's general aviation fleet will import 10 new aircraft from Switzerland this year to develop tourism, improve emergency rescue capabilities and boost its role in the Belt and Road Initiative, according to officials.