- Guangzhou Airport to Stop Drones[Mar. 01, 2017]
Electronic security network will help to disable controls, protect airspace.
- China's Hainan Airlines Alters Frequent Flyer Program[Feb. 28, 2017]
HNA Group subsidiary Hainan Airlines is expected to become the first Chinese carrier to adjust its frequent flyer program to reward miles based on ticket price and membership level instead of distance flown and class.
- Honeywell and AVIC FACRI Hold Groundbreaking Ceremony for HonFei's New Plant[Feb. 28, 2017]
Honeywell and AVIC Xi'an Flight Automatic Control Research Institute (AVIC FACRI) held a groundbreaking ceremony in Xi'an today for a new R&D and manufacturing plant to be run by HonFei Flight Controls Technology Co. Ltd. With this new plant under construction, Honeywell and AVIC FACRI are working more closely to support the development of China's commercial aircraft projects.
- China's Busiest Airports in Spring Festival Travel Rush[Feb. 28, 2017]
During the past 40-day Spring Festival travel season, or "Chunyun period" from January 13 to February 21, China's civil aviation sectors served as many as 59.04 million passengers, an increase of 14% over the same period last year.
- China Eastern Completes 2 Billion Yuan Bond Issue[Feb. 28, 2017]
China Eastern Airlines issued 2 billion yuan super short-term paper (SCP) on February 23.
- Indonesia's Sriwijaya Air Plane Turns Back to Guangzhou As Door Not Totally Closed[Feb. 24, 2017]
- Cathay Pacific and Air New Zealand Extend Services Between Hong Kong and New Zealand[Feb. 28, 2017]
Cathay Pacific will introduce a new seasonal service between Hong Kong and Christchurch from December 2017, directly linking the two cities by air for the first time and complementing the airline's existing services to Auckland.
- Hong Kong Airlines Organizes "Embrace the World" Australia Tour[Feb. 24, 2017]
Hong Kong Airlines has been committed to supporting the young generation to realise their dream of flying high, encouraging them to learn outside the classroom to broaden horizon and stick to their dreams. During February 10 to 17, Hong Kong Airlines had the full support from Tourism and Events Queensland and Wing On Travel to organize a study tour to Australia, bringing nine outstanding students who exceled from "Embrace the World" Student Sponsorship Programme (the "Programme") to Gold Coast and Cairns to learn about environmental conservation, local history and culture, and aviation knowledge.
- CDB Aviation Lease Finance Delivers New Boeing 737-800 to Shandong Airlines[Feb. 26, 2017]
CDB Aviation Lease Finance ("CDB Aviation"), a wholly owned Irish subsidiary of China Development Bank Financial Leasing Co., Limited ("CDB Leasing"), announced today the delivery of one new Boeing 737-800 aircraft to a Chinese carrier, Shandong Airlines.
- Chinese Airlines and Airports Slammed over Flight Delay[Feb. 27, 2017]