- Tail Smoke from THAI Jet Raises Alarm at Hong Kong Airport[Jan. 09, 2017]
- Hainan Airlines to Launch Haikou-Hengyang Service[Jan. 09, 2017]
- COMAC Aims for C919 First Flight in February 2017[Jan. 09, 2017]
China's domestically made narrow-body aircraft C919 might make its maiden flight in the first quarter of 2017, a source from state-owned airframer Commercial Aircraft Corp of China Ltd (COMAC) disclosed.
- Nowhere Off Limits for China's "Snow Eagle" Plane[Jan. 09, 2017]
- Air China Bans Shark Fin Cargo, Reflecting Dramatic Shift in Attitudes[Jan. 09, 2017]
Air China has become the first airline in mainland China to ban shark fin cargo, marking a dramatic shift in attitudes toward trade in endangered wildlife here and throwing a lifeline to shark populations threatened with imminent extinction.
- CADAS: 369 New Aircraft Delivered to China in 2016[Jan. 06, 2017]
Chinese airlines have taken delivery of 369 commercial aircraft in 2016, bringing the total fleet number to 2,933 in mainland China, according to CARNOC fleet data base CADAS.
- Ethiopian to Link Chengdu with Africa in June[Jan. 05, 2017]
- Hainan Airlines Earns Third Place in Airline Safety Ranking by JACDEC[Jan. 06, 2017]
German airline safety data evaluation firm JACDEC -- the most authoritative airline safety rating firm in the world -- released a comprehensive ranking report surveying more than 60 of the world's safest leading airlines with a summarized safety review for 2016 on January 4, 2017. One of highlights is Hainan Airlines, a mainland China-based airline renowned for its five-star hospitality services, which came in 3rd in the latest Airline Safety Ranking, a rise from its fifth place ranking in 2015.
- China Cargo to Manage China Eastern's Bellyhold Space Freight[Jan. 06, 2017]
Following a disposal agreement of its entire stake in freight subsidiary Eastern Logistics, China Eastern Airlines plans to entrust China Cargo Airlines to manage the Group's bellyhold space freight business for three years.
- Chengdu Airport to Serve 2.8 Million Passengers in Upcoming Chunyun Period[Jan. 06, 2017]
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport expects to serve up to 2.84 million passengers in the upcoming 40-day Spring Festival travel season or "Chunyun Period" from Jan. 13 to February 21, an increase of 10% over a year earlier.