- Video: Painting Japan Air Commuter's First ATR 42-600[Jan. 22, 2017]
Japan Air Commuter Co. Ltd. (JAC), subsidiary of Japan Airlines, has takend delivery of its first modern and eco-efficient ATR 42-600. Eight other aircraft will be delivered over the coming three years.
- United Airlines Resumes Flights After Temporary Ground Order[Jan. 23, 2017]
- American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing in Portugal[Jan. 22, 2017]
Spanish and Portuguese airport authorities say that an American Airlines flight heading to Barcelona from New York was forced to make an emergency landing in northwest Portugal because of technical problems.
- Incident: Nippon Cargo B748 at Chicago on Jan. 21, Flock of Large Birds All over Windscreen[Jan. 22, 2017]
A Nippon Cargo Airlines Boeing 747-800, registration JA11KZ performing freight flight KZ192 from Chicago O'Hare, IL (U.S.) to Frankfurt Hahn (Germany), was in the initial climb out of O'Hare's runway 28R when the crew reported they flew through a flock of large birds, about 20-25 birds, at about 1,500 feet AGL, 4 or 5 birds hit the windscreen and were all over the windscreen.
- Schumer: Airlines Shouldn't Charge Extra for Overhead Bin[Jan. 22, 2017]
U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer is concerned about airlines charging passengers for the ability to use space in the overhead bin.
- Families Lobby Malaysian Minister to Resume Search for MH370[Jan. 21, 2017]
- Incident: Jetstar Asia A320 Near Singapore on Jan. 22, Cabin Ventilation Issue[Jan. 22, 2017]
A Jetstar Asia Airbus A320-200, registration 9V-JSR performing flight 3K535 from Singapore (Singapore) to Phuket (Thailand), was climbing through FL240 out of Singapore when the crew initiated a rapid descent to FL100 and returned to Singapore for a safe landing about 50 minutes after departure.
- Malaysia to Offer Reward for Missing Flight MH370[Jan. 20, 2017]
- Teamwork: Keeping Airbus' Jetliner Production and Deliveries on Schedule[Jan. 20, 2017]
Airbus relies on a full range of skills to meet its production and delivery schedules, backed by dedicated teams that work behind the scenes. One of these is the Final Assembly Line Support BLXS team at Airbus' Toulouse, France location - the company's main industrial site where jetliners from the A320, A330, A350 XWB and A380 product lines are built and provided to international customers.
- Oregon Man Admits Groping 13-Year-Old Girl on Flight[Jan. 20, 2017]
An Oregon man accused of groping a 13-year-old girl on a flight from Dallas to Portland pleaded guilty Thursday, accepting an agreement with prosecutors that will require him to register as a sex offender for 15 years.