- China Southern Says Full-Year Profits Jump 30 Percent, below Expectation[Mar. 30, 2017]
China Southern Airlines Co Ltd on Thursday reported a 29.9 percent rise in 2016 net profit, below analysts' expectations, as a weaker yuan put a dent on strong domestic demand for overseas travel.
- Aegean Airlines Group 2016 Revenues Surpasses US$1 Billion[Mar. 29, 2017]
- Alaska Airlines, Branson Clash over Licensing Fees[Mar. 29, 2017]
Alaska Airlines could be headed toward a showdown with Richard Branson over millions of dollars in licensing fees.
- Bombardier and CityJet Confirm Order for Four Additional CRJ900 Aircraft[Mar. 29, 2017]
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft today announced that Dublin-based regional carrier, CityJet has exercised the four options that were part of a purchase agreement announced on February 1, 2017. That agreement included a firm order for six CRJ900 aircraft and options for four more. Upon delivery, the aircraft will operate under wet lease in the SAS network.
- Jota Aviation Signs LoI on Third BAE Avro Regional Jet RJ100 to Join Charter Fleet Next Month[Mar. 29, 2017]
Jota Aviation, the independently owned ACMI charter airline confirmed today the signing of a Letter of Intent (LOI) with leasing company Falko Regional Aircraft for an Avro RJ100 regional jet. The ex-Brussels Airlines aircraft (Serial Number E3355) is due to arrive at Jota Aviation's London Southend Airport base before the end of April, joining an Avro RJ85 and BAe 146-200. Jota Aviation Managing Director Andy Green confirmed the news as the European Regions Airline Association gathered for its 2017 Spring Meeting in Copenhagen.
- FlyNiki Takes Over Airberlin Leisure Routes[Mar. 28, 2017]
- Bombardier Q400 Aircraft Continues to Support Porter Airlines' Growth[Mar. 28, 2017]
Porter Airlines and Bombardier Commercial Aircraft announced today that the airline's fleet has grown to 29 aircraft with Bombardier's delivery of another Q400 turboprop. Porter exclusively flies Q400 airliners.
- Italy's 5-Star Wants State to Take Control of Struggling Alitalia Airline[Mar. 27, 2017]
A leading light of the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement, Italy's most popular political party, said on Monday the Italian state should take control of loss-making airline Alitalia.
- Low-Cost Airline Cebu Pacific 2016 Earnings Double[Mar. 27, 2017]
Cebu Pacific Air posted a net income of PHP9.8 Billion in 2016, up 122% year-on-year, on the back of the strong demand for low-cost air travel and robust growth in ancillary revenues, which include baggage fees, on-board meals and merchandise.
- SAS Raises US$75 Million from Heathrow Slot Sale[Mar. 28, 2017]