- FL Technics Indonesia Signs MOU with Indonesia's GMF AeroAsia[Jan. 22, 2017]
FL Technics, a global provider of one-stop-shop aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services, has announced that its subsidiary -- FL Technics Indonesia -- had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with GMF AeroAsia, one of Asia Pacific's largest MRO companies. The memorandum entails cooperation in aircraft maintenance, spare parts supply and other areas.
- ATR Says Aircraft Deal with Iran Imminent[Jan. 20, 2017]
Turboprop maker ATR has completed commercial negotiations with Iran Air for the sale of at least 20 aircraft and expects to be able to sign a contract very soon, the head of the Franco-Italian aircraft maker said on Friday.
- Russia's S7 Airlines to Begin E170LR Operations in April[Jan. 19, 2017]
- Japan Air Commuter Starts New Era with ATR Aircraft[Jan. 20, 2017]
Japan Air Commuter Co. Ltd. (JAC), subsidiary of Japan Airlines, became today a new ATR operator with the introduction into their fleet of the modern and eco-efficient ATR 42-600. Eight other aircraft will be delivered over the coming three years. JAC is currently undertaking an important fleet modernization process. Progressively, their nine new ATRs will start operations on both main routes and connections from and to smaller islands and communities across the country.
- Lufthansa, Iran Air to Codeshare[Jan. 19, 2017]
Iran Air and Lufthansa have reached an agreement to codeshare from Frankfurt and Munich to Tehran beginning Feb. 1.
- Tigerair Australia Gets Permission to Resume Bali Services on Feb. 3[Jan. 19, 2017]
Tigerair Australia said it expects to resume flights to Bali from Feb. 3, almost three weeks after the airline's permission to fly to the island was revoked by Indonesia due to a bureaucratic technicality.
- Japan Airlines Announces Flight Frequency and Fleet Plans for 2017[Jan. 19, 2017]
- Airlink Becomes First South African Airline to Acquire Embraer E-Jets[Jan. 19, 2017]
Airlink, Southern Africa's largest independent regional airline, is joining the E-Jet operator's family. The airline is acquiring five E-Jets - three E170s and two E190s, from ECC Leasing, a wholly-owned Embraer subsidiary. Airlink will start to receive the aircraft in the first half of 2017.
- ANA's C-3PO-Themed 777 to Launch in March[Jan. 19, 2017]
- Safran to Buy Plane-Cabin Specialist Zodiac Aerospace for US$9 Billion[Jan. 19, 2017]