- ICAO Encourages Bizav Engagement, Flexible Rules[Apr. 28, 2017]
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is continuing to highlight a need for the business aviation community to remain engaged stakeholders on a global platform and reiterated a willingness to work with the community to help in the adoption of regulations that are better tailored for non-commercial operations. Stephen Creamer, director of the Air Navigation Bureau for ICAO, recently pushed for a "call to action" for business aviation engagement during his recent appearance before the business aviation community at the ABACE 2017 show in Shanghai, China, saying it is a key step to preserving access in an increasingly crowded and complex global airspace. At the same time, Creamer also stressed the need for industry stakeholders and individual states alike to increasingly adopt rules that are more flexible and tailored business and general aviation operations. ICAO is willing to work with industry to help make that happen, he said.
- UPS Posts US$1.2 Billion 1Q Net Profit as B2C and B2B Deliveries rise[Apr. 28, 2017]
United Parcel Service (UPS) posted a US$1.2 billion net profit for the first quarter of 2017, up 2.4% from net income of US$1.1 billion in 1Q 2016, on a 6.2% year-over-year rise in total company revenue to US$15.3 billion.
- Russia's Irkut Corp. Posts US$20.1 Million Net Income for 2016[Apr. 28, 2017]
Russian aircraft manufacturer Irkut Corp. reported a 2016 net income of RUB1.2 billion (US$20 million), reversed from a RUB2.3 billion net loss in the year-ago period. Revenue for the year rose 28.8% to RUB108 billion.
- Norway Confirms Cause of Fatal Airbus Helicopter Crash in 2016[Apr. 28, 2017]
The fatal crash of an Airbus helicopter in Norway last year was the result of metal fatigue in the aircraft's gearbox, the country's Accident Investigation Board (AIBN) said in a report on Friday, confirming its initial findings last June.
- Ilyushin Finance Firms One Bombardier Q400 for Jambojet[Apr. 28, 2017]
- General Electric Wins US$670 Million Aircraft Engine Maintenance Contract: Pentagon[Apr. 28, 2017]
- Zhanjiang to Open Direct Flights to Phnom Penh[Apr. 28, 2017]
- Spirit 1Q Net Profit down 48%, but Touts Operational Improvement[Apr. 28, 2017]
Ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC) Spirit Airlines reported a first-quarter net profit of US$31.9 million, down 48.4% from net income of US$61.9 million in the prior-year period, but the Fort Lauderdale-based airline believes it is on the upswing.
- U.S. Airlines Overhaul Overbooking after United Fiasco[Apr. 28, 2017]
The backlash against the rough removal of a United Airlines passenger to make room on a crowded flight has opened a divide in the U.S. industry over how to manage flight overbooking, with some renouncing the practice and others offering richer incentives to give up seats.
- Africa's RwandAir Replaces CEO, Launches London Gatwick Services[Apr. 28, 2017]
View All News>>Latest News
- Most Popular
- Most Commented