- Five Top Airlines Face CAA Action over Denied Delay Compensation[Feb. 22, 2017]
Five major airlines face enforcement action from the UK aviation regulator for denying passengers the compensation they are legally entitled to for delayed flights.
- Beijing Capital Airport Serves over 10 Million People During 40-Day Chunyun Period[Feb. 22, 2017]
As many as 10.84 million passengers travelled through Beijing Capital International Airport during the 40-day Spring Festival travel season or "Chunyun Period" from Jan. 13 to Feb. 21 2017. Average daily passenger numbers will stand at 260,000.
- How to Survive the Longest Flight in the World[Feb. 22, 2017]
Earlier this month, Qatar Airways took the prize for longest airline route when it debuted its 17-hour, 30-minute flight between Auckland and Doha. Not to be outdone, Qantas has announced plans to begin flying a 9,000-mile nonstop between Perth and London in 2018, and Singapore is eyeing a relaunch of its nonstop Newark-Singapore route, which will take just under 19 hours. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
- Emirates to Offer Services to Phnom Penh in Cambodia[Feb. 21, 2017]
- China Southern Raises 1 Billion Yuan from Short-Term Paper Issue[Feb. 22, 2017]
- Video Shows Harrison Ford Wrongly Flying over Airliner[Feb. 22, 2017]
- Airbus Faces Multiple Challenges as It Enters New Era[Feb. 21, 2017]
Airbus will draw a line under two decades of M&A dealmaking and frenetic orders on Wednesday as it reports its first results since the European aerospace and defense group unified under its dominant planemaking arm last month.
- Cathay Pacific Introduces Besty Beer, the World's First Beer Brewed Specially for 35,000ft[Feb. 22, 2017]
The quality of the inflight dining experience has always been an important focus for Cathay Pacific - the airline has long sought collaborations with renowned partners, restaurants and chefs in order to provide its customers with innovative dishes and beverages as part of its philosophy of a Life Well Travelled. To that end, Hong Kong's home carrier is delighted today to announce the launch of Betsy Beer, the world's first hand-crafted bottled beer specially brewed to be enjoyed at 35,000 feet.
- Lufthansa Technik, MTU Agree on Concluding Engine Maintenance JV[Feb. 22, 2017]
Lufthansa Technik and MTU Aero Engines are planning to set up a joint venture company for the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of geared turbofan (GTF) engines, with each of the partners holding a 50-percent stake. An agreement to this effect was signed by the two companies in Berlin on February 20, after the feasibility of such a joint venture had been examined over the past few months. Subject to different approvals (e.g. by the relevant antitrust authorities) both parties act on the assumption of the joint venture foundation within the second half of 2017.
- Norwegian Airline Cleared for Ireland-U.S. Takeoff[Feb. 21, 2017]
It is beginning to look like there is no going back for Norwegian Air International's plans to fly from Cork and Shannon to the U.S. Over the weekend, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the U.S. regulator, cleared the Scandinavian-owned, Irish-registered airline, meaning that it now has both a foreign carrier's permit from the Department of Transportation and authorisation from the body that oversees safety.
View All News>>Latest News
- Most Popular
- Most Commented